About Guitar Level 1 Course:
The Guitar Level 1 course takes a broader approach, encompassing various musical styles and genres such as rock, pop, and jazz. It emphasises the performance aspect of playing the guitar, evaluating technical proficiency, musicality, improvisation, and stylistic awareness.
Also The technical work section assesses technical skills like scales, arpeggios, and chords. Supporting tests evaluate aural skills, sight-reading, and general musical knowledge through exercises such as clapping rhythms, identifying intervals, and sight-reading short musical passages.
- Age 8 years and above.
- Finished Guitar Fundamentals Course OR have mastered the key Guitar Fundamental level skills and have since acquired greater use of technique, rhythms, coordination and musical understanding.
- Instrument (Acoustic guitar).
- Interest in music and learning guitar skills.
- Time Signature : 3/4 , 4/4 , 12/8
- Sight Reading : Pitches A-E 1st, 2nd and 3rd strings
- Performance Pieces from ROCKSCHOOL and TRINITY “Grade 1”
- 4 Popular Song Performance
At the end of the course, students will:
- Develop sight reading skills.
- Develop a better understanding of rhythms.
- Learn and apply the concept of chords and scales.
- Play popular strumming patterns.
- Read and play the guitar using Tabs.
- Perform songs from Grade 1 Trinity/Rockschool music exam syllabus.
What Students Get:
- Classes, Performances and Workshops
- Weekly Feedback and Regular PTMs
- Assessments and Certification
- Learn Exam Curriculum-based Songs + Bonus songs
- Music exams by Trinity College of Music, London OR Rockschool, UK
- 2 class per week for 45 mins or
- 1 class per week for 60 mins