About the Course
The Western Vocal Level 1 course is the second course in the beginners level. This course is to help students understand some of the fundamental topics that they have done in the previous course and learn more advanced and detailed things about it through a more advanced vocal warm up and technical exercises.
This course prepares the student to appear for one of the Grade 1 international music examinations. The course also focuses on offline performance tips and online performance techniques.
- Age 6 years and above.
- Completed Western Vocal Initial course or any other similar level vocal examination.
- Interest in singing and music.
- Vocal Resonance: Mouth Resonance, Mask Resonance
- Scale: Major and Chromatic
- Intervals: 2nd and 3rd
- Rhythmic study:Syncopation, Triplets
- Vocal Techniques: Vibrato, Sustain
- Theory: Introduction to Sheet Music
- Music terminology: Basic Terminology and Rhythmic Value
- Improvisation and Ear Training.
- Performance Techniques: Offline and Online
Once the students complete this fundamentals module, they will:
- Build on and learn more technical skills to some key topics of Beginners level.
- Will learn to apply taught vocal techniques, independently.
- Will learn to develop a practice routine to do it themselves.
- Will be able to add vocal techniques taught in class to enhance their singing.
- Learn about various genres of music.
- Learn how to improve their online as well as offline performance skills.
- Know about the vocal tract and how the muscles function so they can take care of their vocal health.
- Learn more details about scale and study chromatic scale.
- Enhance the interval 2nd and 3rd singing.
- Practice songwriting and improvisation skills to begin their songwriting journey.
- Learn the fundamentals of theory.
- Will start singing syncopated and triplet rhythm style.
- Develop and enhance their vocal skills so they can attempt advanced songs.
- Prepare for grade 1 music exam.
What Students Get:
- Classes, Performances and Workshops
- Weekly Feedback and Regular PTMs
- Assessments and Certification
- Learn Exam Curriculum-based Songs + Bonus songs
- Music exams by Trinity College of Music, London OR Rockschool, UK
- 2 class per week for 45 mins or
- 1 class per week for 60 mins